Writing “how-to” articles geared toward other creatives can be difficult. Most bloggers want there to be a simple answer to everything. For example, if you push this button, all your blogging dreams will come true (sidebar: if someone knows the existence of this button, please tell me … price is no object *laughs*). Well I’m here to tell you, when you’re a blogger there is no easy/simple way to be successful in this field.
When I first started this blog, I remember writing movie reviews along with my regular content. Since I loved going to the movies, I felt consumers had the right to read an honest review on whether or not they should spend their money on a film. And believe it or not, I still have those movie reviews stored in archives, away from public viewing though. But that hasn’t stopped me from watching new movies and enjoying old ones.
And when it gets cold outside, there are times I just don’t want to go anywhere. Have you ever felt like that before? There’s nothing more alluring to me, in the winter time, then my warm home with a book or a DVD waiting for me while I eat dinner. So here is what I’m watching…
1. Rush Hour |1-2-3| / Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are hilarious in each Rush Hour installment. I can watch these over and over and still laugh my a*s off. Classic cop buddy comedy with a twist. Definitely worth a watch.
2. Pride & Prejudice / I don’t know if it’s the words, the costumes, or the acting that mesmerized me the most but I absolutely LOVE this movie. I know most people adore the older version of this film, but I can’t help but fall in love with Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen, and Donald Sutherland’s performance in this. Superb.
3. 42 / The Jackie Robinson story was absolutely wonderful. Everytime I watch it, I feel like I’m there experiencing it first hand. That’s the work of a great cast and director. Wonderful history and wonderful feel good movie.
4. Hitch / If you’ve never seen this Will Smith and Kevin James movie, then run (don’t walk) to your nearest tablet/PC/laptop and find where you can download it immediately! This romantic comedy keeps me laughing and has a unique way of showing the female and male perspective on dating.
5. The Avengers / Every now and then I just want to watch something blow up. What can I say (smiles). And this movie is perfect. It soothes the nerd side of me that loves comic book movies, and it doesn’t hurt that it’s full of action. I just love action films.
I’m such a huge reader. I love sitting down in a cozy chair, with some tea, and allowing my mind to wander in the land of make-believe. I don’t know about you, but reading can relax me and make me forget about all the stress that the real world has to offer.
I’ve never been a huge mystery reader or a huge drama reader because honestly… I don’t want all of that heavy stuff on my brain after reading it. It’s like carrying around the stress of the characters (laughs). I got stress of my own. But I have found myself getting into inspirational books lately (am I the only one who thought reading Inspirational books made you seem like you’re crazy and need someone to talk you off the ledge? *laughs*). Who knew? Here are my favorite guilty pleasure and inspirational books…
1. Lauren Conrad Style / What girl doesn’t have a Lauren Conrad book on her coffee table. The photos are beautiful, I love the styles, and I love how the beauty of the book inspires me.
2. I love Anything by Author Brenda Jackson / I absolutely LOVE chick books (meaning romance novels). I can’t help it. They’ve definitely evolved over the years and they don’t include things like “come hether my pet” or some nonsense like that anymore. And a girl needs some romance in her life every now and again.