When I first started this blog, I remember writing movie reviews along with my regular content. Since I loved going to the movies, I felt consumers had the right to read an honest review on whether or not they should spend their money on a film. And believe it or not, I still have those movie reviews stored in archives, away from public viewing though. But that hasn’t stopped me from watching new movies and enjoying old ones.
And when it gets cold outside, there are times I just don’t want to go anywhere. Have you ever felt like that before? There’s nothing more alluring to me, in the winter time, then my warm home with a book or a DVD waiting for me while I eat dinner. So here is what I’m watching…
1. Rush Hour |1-2-3| / Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are hilarious in each Rush Hour installment. I can watch these over and over and still laugh my a*s off. Classic cop buddy comedy with a twist. Definitely worth a watch.
2. Pride & Prejudice / I don’t know if it’s the words, the costumes, or the acting that mesmerized me the most but I absolutely LOVE this movie. I know most people adore the older version of this film, but I can’t help but fall in love with Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen, and Donald Sutherland’s performance in this. Superb.
3. 42 / The Jackie Robinson story was absolutely wonderful. Everytime I watch it, I feel like I’m there experiencing it first hand. That’s the work of a great cast and director. Wonderful history and wonderful feel good movie.
4. Hitch / If you’ve never seen this Will Smith and Kevin James movie, then run (don’t walk) to your nearest tablet/PC/laptop and find where you can download it immediately! This romantic comedy keeps me laughing and has a unique way of showing the female and male perspective on dating.
5. The Avengers / Every now and then I just want to watch something blow up. What can I say (smiles). And this movie is perfect. It soothes the nerd side of me that loves comic book movies, and it doesn’t hurt that it’s full of action. I just love action films.